Farts and Burps

*BURP* . . . . *Fart*

Name:
Location: PJ, Malaysia

I'm dead boring

Sunday, April 16, 2006

new role

well...i have been asked to lead a team for another project for the company. I have been getting more responsibilities these days, even being invited to management meetings and luncheons. I am actually now considered a team leader and what I say will actually make a difference. There is some restructuring going on in the company, and the CEO actually wants to make things better for us. There are a few interesting projects coming up and the one i will be leading seems pretty interesting. Now, the thing is that my contract is still under animator with a low basic pay, so i will have to negotiate a higher salary to reflect my role and added responsibility.

One thing with being team leader so soon though, there was this guy under me who had 7 years experience and i can sense a bit of resentment when I work with him. Also when i give critique, he does not really take it well. I don't really want to be a bastard and say, "hey, i'm the leader so you just do what I say" yet I can't just let it go like that. So i worked around it by getting other people who are more senior than him to give him comments. I guess that for him to be led by someone who just a few months ago was a fresh rookie has gotta be hard so i took it a bit easy on him cos i can understand where he is coming from. He complained though, i think, to one of the directors who told me that he(the guy under me in my current project) wasn't happy being in a subservient role and that he would be leading a separate team in the future. Oh well, i wish him luck.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home