Farts and Burps

*BURP* . . . . *Fart*

Name:
Location: PJ, Malaysia

I'm dead boring

Sunday, February 05, 2006

another photo related update

2 years ago, i saw a photo which i found mesmerising in a small booklet of magnum war photography. It featured a soldier running with the camera in an "over the shoulder" p.o.v. I was instantly struck by it. At that time i was too cheap and thought the price of the book not worth it for only 1 photo i really liked. I have been haunted ever since, and have been trying to find out who the photographer was.

I berated myself for not noting down the photographers name so i could search on google but today is my day of redemption!

I joined the magnum website and did a few searches, my successful search used the keywords "combat running". So therefore i present to you the fruits of my labor...

Robert Depardon 1978
A Christian falangist



Woo hoo! Great photo, you can sense the kinetic energy of the moment as well as the tension of being in a life threatening situation. I feel a weight being lifted from my shoulders...heheh. i've been looking for this picture for sooo long! Yay for the internet!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm I feel kinda sorry for you not having a single comment... so I'll give you one for I feel pity for you. ;p

hmmmm what is "the magnum website"? and I agree with you on the photo. It's definitely a killer shot.

But when am I going to see some nice hand drawings and/or animation clips? ;p

6:37 PM  
Blogger tauism said...

hey roy! this is a new blog so gimme a break!

Anyway, magnum is a photographic society, started by Henri Cartier Bresson and Robert Capa among others. Check www.magnum.com and register and just check out the photos. really wonderful stuff.

i'll put some drawings later and animation clips even later...hehehe

2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah right... it's www.magnumphotos.com

magnum.com leads to some other site

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home